It can happen that in your Citizen Ana Digi Temperature all the functions work properly but watch, despite the settings and sync with the official time begins to slow down or runs too fast !
This means that your watch needs minor adjustments. Inside the watch, by using the Silver Trimmer Condenser you can slow down or speed up the time.
The Citizen watch also has the Gold Trimmer Condenser – reserved for the regulation of temperature measurement ( is also visible if the device cover is removed ).
* If you need to correct the Citizen’s Thermometer check – Adjusting Thermometer…
Theoretically, Citizen Ana Digi Temp Watch shouldn’t go out of adjustment because it was pre-adjusted at the factory and it doesn’t have elements that are sensitive to the passage of time – except of course the battery. Crystal quartz, Resistors, CPU, they do not age and does not change the characteristics but just as in my case it if your Citizen Watch is 30 year old someone could alter the adjustment…
This is a frequency of extending out from the quartz crystal oscillator ( or
more precisely, from resonance circuit ).
In your Citizen watch this frequency is exactly 32,768 Hz ( or so to say 32 thousends 768 cycles per second ). The microprocessor in your watch shares the frequency many, many times – so we can all read it as seconds, minutes, hours.
By using Silver Trimmer Condenser we can slightly reduce or increase the frequency. This means that our watch will run slower or faster for a few seconds per month !
According to the Citizen Developers, the accuracy of time is plus/minus 15 second per montch at Normal Temperatures. The crystal planes and tuning of a clock crystal are designed by the manufacturers to operate best at 25°C and more precisely 25.6°C / 77°F ( the Normal Temperature of the inside of a watch on a human wrist ). * This means that max. inaccuracy is 0,5 second per day ! In fact, the accuracy may be even greater !!!
* It is worth noting that traditional watches with coil springs measure the time with an accuracy of plus / minus 15 sec ( not per month ) and per day …
Today, it may not make an impression us, but remember
that 30 years ago almost nobody had mobile phones and computers – synchronized
with the Global Atomic Time…The Citizen Ana Digi Temp for accuracy is at the
forefront. Even nowadays all the best electronic watches (with hands or LCD
displays) at most, they matched in terms of accuracy as Citizen watch.
Each watch, also Citizen watch before being approved for sale, had to undergo
the procedure for setting time. Using the tools – I mentioned, it lasted only a
Why the Frequency of the Oscillator is so Important ? … Look at the picture below
But we don’t have such specialized equipment, so – we’ll do it another way, in their own way !
How to adjust the time ?
A way that really works !
1. Firstly open the watch ( description of how open the watch Is posted on - How to replace the battery ) * There are valuable tips useful when opening the watch !
2. Rotate slightly the silver trimmer condenser – e.g. using a small screwdriver. Depending on whether your watch slows down or speeds up – you rotate in the correct direction !!!
Clockwise turn – gains of time … And vice versa – Turning to the left increases the measured time *( If you are not sure – in which direction turn the trimmer or how big is the inaccuracy of your watch – the whole procedure start from step 4 ).
3. Let stand your watch – you don’t have even close – you can use e.g. sticky tape to hold the mechanism hasn’t fallen out of the case.
4. Synchronize the watch with a source of accurate time e.g from your computer clock or any internet clock. I adjust watches according to International Atomic Time the best site at the moment.
To do that you need to reset your watch – preferably on the full hour – for example 12:00:00 * ( In fact we are interested in „seconds” – and enough to just your Citizen’s seconds and computer/internet clock seconds showed the same time ! ). You need to reset your watch just at the time when the computer/internet clock second goes from 59 to 00 . After several attempts surely you manage to do so precisely.
How to Reset Seconds to Zero - and thus synchronize with the computer/internet clock – you,ll find on – How to set Time .
I adjust watches according to International Atomic Time – available at this link ( also mobile ver ). * This is Highly Precise Time Scale that is Calculated using data from about 400 Atomic Clocks. The Time it takes a Cesium-133 atom at the ground state to oscillate exactly 9,192,631,770 times per second !!! ( the screenshot of this page you can see below ).
*Computer via internet every day updates his clock ( you may not believe but
were it not for its accuracy would be much worse than our Citizen ). Internet
time, in turn, is synchronized with the Global Atomic Clock – witch
acuracy 0,000.000.001 second per day.
5. It would be best to leave the watch for a month, but after just a week you will see the difference! This time is enough to adjust your Citizen’s watch.
6. After a week – watching the computer display and the watch – you will notice the difference even a fraction of seconds ! This is a high accuracy, and completely sufficient for everyday using the watch. Of course, the smaller the difference, the better !
7. If you have too much rotate the trimmer condenser – back a little, and
repeat the procedure from step 3.
8. If you are satisfied with the accuracy of your watch, you can close it … That’s all :)
The Citizen Service also predicted the Time Adjustment Procedure – named as Wrong Time Rate ( Second Frame from the Top Left – Diagram Below ). This graphic is based on the Original Service Diagram.
You can look at the diagram out of curiosity. Please note that one of the reasons for incorrectly indicating the time is – watch out - a weak battery. It is also worth remembering :).
Make sure your battery is good. Tips on what battery is best to buy – I described it more accurately on page – How to replace the Battery.